Thursday, October 13, 2011

Internet as a tool for leadership

The Internet is an inexhaustible source of manipulation. Yes it is.
If someone asked me how would I use the Internet as a tool for leadership, I would give him 3 main ways to do it.


1) Illusion
Let's first give the impression of liberty and democracy to my people. They still can visit whatever websites they want. They still register and log in. They still fill forms with their names, adresses, telephone numbers, e-mail adresses, and so on. They give me all the informations I need to know about them in case I want to find them or threat them or black mail them.

2) Protection
Secondly, I'll reduce the access to the Internet for my people. I'll only keep one national Internet company on which I'll have a total access. I'll do it as the only way to protect them from the great dangers threating us from the outer world. "We are strong but somes think we're not and for this reason they try to make you think whatever lies they want. So this is my duty, as your leader, to protect you and to ensure our stability and our sovereignty."

3) Repression
I'll shut down Twitter and Facebook to make sure my people has no contact with the outer world. I'll justify it as a moral duty. I'll keep one social network to maintain the illusion of democracy. Every single foreign search engine, social network, e-mail programm. will be censured and replaced by a national copy of it.

When you don't have the possibilty to step back and have a clear view on what's going on in your country, you trust the charismatic only leader you have. Cuba, China, North Korea, Iran, and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment